Katherine & Donald’s Chic Auberge Du Soleil Wedding
Katherine and Donald met during a study abroad program in Siena, Italy, while attending the University of California at Irvine. After learning they had common interests in travel, music and art, Donald sketched a rendering of the hands from the Sistine Chapel, and an inscription that read, “Always treat your interests as divine”. The gesture was meant to symbolize the act of making a true connection with each other.
After the study abroad program ended for the two of them, they backpacked all over Europe together. Fast forward seven years later and a spontaneous trip to Chicago in 2011, Don popped the question at the top of the John Hancock Building at the Signature Room.
A few short years later, and the two had their chic Auberge Du Soleil wedding in Napa Valley, California. The weather was perfect for their lovely outdoor ceremony. The bride wore an exquisite Kenneth Pool gown, and her bouquet was a beautiful mix of white and pink roses featuring touches of black and white anemones that really made the arrangement pop. The bridesmaids held similar smaller bouquets and they wore long periwinkle gowns.
- Wedding Venue – Auberge Du Soleil
- Wedding Photography – Clane Gessel Photography
- Dress Designer – Kenneth Pool
- Dress Store – Jin Wang
- Bridesmaid Dresses – Bella Bridesmaids
- Dress Store – Rachel Escobar, Jennifer Behr
- Floral Designer – Paul Stokey, Tesoro Flowers
- Cake Designer – Amber McKenney, Sweet On Cake
- Makeup Artist – Sherrie Long Makeup Hair and Effects
- Musicians – Bellarosa String Quartet
- DJ – Alex, Boutique DJs
- Invitation Designer – Stacey Bush, Union Street Papery
Are you a bride-to-be planning your own chic Auberge Du Soleil wedding and in need of inspiration, tips or planning tools? If so, we invite you to visit The Veil Inspiration and The Veil Planning Tools pages. In our luxury wedding resource you will find beautiful cakes, floral arrangements and decor ideas. You will also find planning tools and inspiration to help you plan the wedding of your dreams. While you’re there, don’t forget to browse our team of wedding professionals in your area – The Veil Wedding Professionals!